Thursday, September 1, 2011

Owl Quilt

I'm sure I say NO New Projects until I've finished at least one UFO or at least caught up on samples I need for classes, but I couldn't resist this quilt. I saw a similar raggy quilt in Spotlight the other day when I popped in to get numbers for the back of Hay's footy jumper, see I was there for a totally innocent reason. Well the one they had made was from a simplicity pattern and it was a butterfly and flannel quilts are soooo cuddly and their flannel was on special at $1.99! So I just thought I'd whip this up, should only take a couple of hours and I could have it made as a surprise for Meg when she got home from school.......well it took a little longer than expected, partly because I didn't buy the pattern and do it the easy way and then I decided she really is into owls at the moment so I should make one of those etc etc....anyway
and as I felt a little guilty at getting off course I caught up on some of my westalee blocks




and this one in slightly different colours
So now I dont feel as bad and there's one happy girl asleep under her new quilt tonight.

Cheers
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!