Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm Back

Just ducked out for a little bit but I'm back now, actually we've been on holidays for the last month seeing a lot of the country that we've never seen before and it was nothing short of spectacular! And the weather! mmmmmm lovely, while poor old Melbournians were freezing and slogging it out in the rain we had 18 -25deg days and very little rain. The place we had the most rain was Ulluru which is really stunning in the rain, the waterfalls are amazing and it changes colour to a silvery grey. Photos to follow but at the moment they are still in the laptop numbering somewhere around 800! So not too much sewing over the last month but I have been appliquing dots, a simple project that I could do while travelling. I saw this quilt at the Monbulk quilt show, very simple pattern but really effective, I pre cut all the circles and squares before I left from all of my reproduction fabrics the colours are warm and muddy and great for hiding all the red dust they came into contact with.
I see blogger hasn't changed it's still randomly rotating my photos. Just a small selection of the dots I think I managed 127 or so while away, the background squares are 4 1/2" and the dots are a 2"circle. I'll be back with more photos soon.

Cheers
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!