Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First civil war block

Yay! I finally finished the first block of the civil war quilt. I've been using a westalee ruler to see how it works, because....... next month I am running a sewing circle at Mrs Martins to start the westalee sample quilt.  There is something like 100 plus blocks to make throughout the year and this sewing circle is to try the rulers and see if you like them and how they work and make the blocks along the way. I have only tried the straight ruler so far, this would be great if you were making a quilt with lots of pieces the same size or lots of strips. I am really interested to use the half and quarter square triangles, they remove the maths from working out how big they should be.


So if you would like to join us, it will be Saturday Feb 26th at Mrs Martin's in Monbulk.
Enjoy!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!