Saturday, April 12, 2014

AQC

Mum, Meg and I managed to get into Melbourne to AQC, we were there as the doors opened on the first day and got a great look at everything without it being too crowded. I got a quick chat with the Quilted Crow girls who have some very exciting news coming soon! Then a cruise around and a few purchases, some repro greens, it's  always hard to find nice greens, oops, and a yellow, some text fabric, a block lock ruler, I've been after one of these for ages and I treated myself to a tape measure bracelet from Gum Valley but it seems that Tulley has taken a shine to it and it's gone AWOL.
Then we had a look through the quilt display, some amazing quilts on display
I loved this, so often Australian wildflowers are ignored in favour of European flowers and yet they can be stunning on a quilt. These mushrooms were amazing, so densely stitched to give fantastic detail.


Then we went to test drive some sewing machines for Mum, that was a lot of fun but I'm still staying loyal to Jenny my Janome! Next we found material Obsession and I lashed out and bought some of Kathy Doughty's range of fabric, yummo!

and I know just what I'm planning to do with this. After all this we headed to Chinatown for lunch and then off to do some clothes shopping.
And finally here's Flynn and his backpack at the Patchwork Teahouse stand.

A lovely day out with Mum and Meg.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post Michelle,sounds like a wonderful day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new fabrics. How great to see your Flynn on display, he is a really cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    That mushroom is pretty awesome and the detail in the
    works on the other quilts look pretty impressive too. Love
    the fabrics and sounds like it was a wonderful day.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!