Thursday, November 7, 2013

Expert needed!

My Anzac biscuits won't flatten and spread, they sit  there in little piles looking at me, out of desperation half way through cooking I get the spatula and flatten them down before they set, but I'm sure that's not how my Nan made them! Here's the recipe I use and it's the same as my Nan used, it's from the  Family Circle cookbook.
Hope you can read it sideways!
Here's the results, perfectly tasty but forcibly flattened!

I'm sure someone knows what's going on.

3 comments:

  1. sorry i cant hekp you Michelle but they sure do look yummy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure but is the mixture too dry.................I am away and don't have my recipe but through in an extra bit of boiling water and see if that helps.............too wet and they spread out too much...............
    definitely not an expert.............
    the recipe is use is here on my blog............
    http://chookyblue.blogspot.com.au/2007/07/okay-get-cooking-anzac-biscuitsslice.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered if they would be too dry too, they still look yummy though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!