Well there was a longer than epected gap between the last two posts but I'm here now and I have an update on the UFO list, nothing too earth shattering but, I have one quilt top from the list put together and it's backing has been bought, washed and is hanging on the line as I write! I hope to get it on the quilting frame tonight.
This is Curlique and I started it back around October to practice my curved piecing and I got about half way through it and had to start some samples for patterns and never got back to it. Funny thing was I had it all out on the floor ready to piece in odd moments when I had some spare time and Dustin my lovely robot vacuum was on in Jordan's room up the other end of the house, with the door shut and he escaped and ran right through the middle of all the pieces! I had to rescue some from inside the vac and some he'd managed to get wedged in the brushes and lay it all out again. I had it nearly all laid out but I couldn't get the last row to fit, for three hours I puzzled and moved and tried every combination, gave up and went to hang out the washing, figuring I'd just make it smaller and chuck the extra bits, when it suddenly hit me that I laid it on the floor because all the edges kept falling off the table..... at both ends. I had been trying to fit the last row to the wrong end Duh! Funny how quick it was to slot them all into place after that, and then I took a photo in case it happened again. By the way this pattern is by Rebecca from Chasing Cottons and is out in the latest Aust.Patchwork and Quilting.